Add a splash of colour to a contemporary kitchen for a fun look with a retro feel.
Claire and Peter asked for a family friendly kitchen where they could cook and prepare food whilst watching the children. A beautiful island faces the living area where the children play and the windows make this a bright and airy space.
Claire and Peter wanted a unique kitchen to reflect their personality. They chose neutral white and grey doors for a crisp, clean backdrop. This allows them to add interest and warmth with fun pops of colour. The breakfast bar on one side of the island creates a space for informal family dining and open shelving allows them to have fun, accessorising the room to great effect. They chose a vibrant orange splashback as a contrast to the neutral colour scheme to bring their kitchen to life. Sleek, integrated appliances add a practical and stylish element. There are even integrated wine racks; perfect for adult downtime when the children are asleep.
‘We enjoyed the design process. Allan was very helpful and we changed the design many times until we were 100% happy. Our favourite element of the kitchen is the island so I can cook and still see the children playing and talk to the family. We felt that Allan went out of his way for us because he was very helpful and always available when we needed him. We are happy with the overall experience and our lovely new kitchen.’
• Doors: Keller, Elba Melamine Finish, Ice White / Partridge Grey
• Worktops: Staron / Caramel Bamboo.
• Splashbacks: Deco Glaze, Spice
• Appliances: Siemens - Single Oven, Steam Oven, Flexi Induction Hob, Downdraft Extractor, Warming Drawer, Dishwasher, Fridge.
• Caple - Wine Rack Wi155
• Sink - 1810 Etroduo 1.5 bowl 589/450U
• Tap - Abode AT1170
• Handles - 630 Middle Grip all Horizontal
• Plinths – 100mm Caramel Bamboo
• Blum soft close